Testing

Delaney, early in the snow storm, January 18, 2014

Figuring out what equipment to get is kind of a crapshoot, so when it arrives relief can set in as it is tested on local trails. We live next to a fairly large conservation area, Delaney, which has nice trails but not much in the way of elevation changes. This past week did four, five mile hikes through Delaney and around one of the associated ponds using new pants, trekking poles, and other bits.

The weather here has been unseasonably warm for January, so it has been raining this week which provided an opportunity to march around in that. Today, it is snowing, which was great to trundle around in but I'm am beginning to wonder what my neighbors think. 

"There's that damn fool again, marching around in this weathah!"

I will only appear weirder in the coming days and weeks when I decide on a backpack and begin using that. And camping in the backyard.

Well, I need to prepare as best I can and unless plans change, I start the Appalachian Trail two months from today.
____

“Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Comments

Popular Posts